Saturday 8 March 2014

Inspirée

Well, I've always wanted to do something like this. Imagining what the very young queen would have wore, had she lived in our century. I wanted to keep it fresh, cute, but class enough. My outfit there certainly lacks the  "regal" aura that Marie-Antoinette tried to emanate in her portraits but I didn't want to give her some evening gown, or too lady-chic style.


Here's the portrait I chose; this is one of my favourite. Painted in 1777, it shows us a 22-year old Marie-Antoinette, who the following year became pregnant with her first child. Her pale complexion, the way she carried herself made her one of the most admired women in Versailles and many people copied her. She doesn't wear neither jewels, nor hair accessories n this portrait and the dress, though heavy, remains elegant, which can be a stark contrast with some of her older portraits.



Jacket:
Dress: 
So I tried to respect this by keeping it soft and simple but I added a few bracelets. The make up too should remain simple just some blush and delicate pink lip stick and that's all. 

(This post was made thanks to the site Polyvore. I added the brands here, out of respect and because this is the format on Polyvore where brands and prices are indicated. I don't advertise at all, for them, of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment