Tuesday 11 March 2014

Marie-Antoinette Inspiration

She keeps being a source of inspiration for anything: films, fashions, jewels, make-up, home decoration, food...You just have to take a look at the Etsy site where many sellers present lots of objects inspired by Marie-Antoinette!  I'd love to get for myself some earrings with her portraits on them, or a broach!
When I was in Paris, I had the opportunity to see the Ladurée shop where macaroons and other yummy pastries are sold. Sofia Coppola and her influence! So many people were queueing that I refused to wait, and walked away, just taking a few pictures of the shop window as a souvenir.
And then, when I visited Versailles, a macaroons shop had been settled in a part of the castle.



I didn't buy anything of it, but it still is a great delight for the eye. 
Other eye-candy:


In my favourite home decoration magazine, a few pages were focused on decoration inspired by the queen and the 18th century:








Absolutely lovely!
Magazine: Campagne Décoration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment